Little Fish In A Big Pond

This is me...and my thoughts randomly scattered for other people to read who find comfort in these random thoughts of others.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Envy Home Furnishings, This is Hannah.....

So ALL I DO IS WORK!
Mom tells me " welcome to the real world"......
I don't think so... I will not have a boring job. I make that vow to myself right now. I will do something crazy and interesting everyday.

Well, Mom is here for the few days she has till she flys back out. So far, its been quite the interesting trip.

The first night she came we went out to eat at this old little polygomist farm. Gardner Village. Its a very interesting place owned by Archibald Gardner who came over with the Saints and ran this farm with his HUGE family. There are roughly 30 tiny houses all built for his wives and children. Their old mill is now converted into a charming restaurant where Mom and I decided to eat!
I highly reccommend the food ( get the breaded avocados)....but WATCH your car carefully!
When we came out, my license plates had been stolen! Its true! Clean tore off of my little, violated car!
I don't know if you've actually seen Indiana's license plates, but they're beautiful - greens and blues with waving wheat - I loved mine dearly.

I have a feeling their with the same surly Naughty People that took Nutella's strange and interesting spices.

Well, maybe they aren't the SAME naughty people, but i'm sure they're all in the underground Naughty People Gang (NPG - I know I'VE heard of them) .......like Fight Club........they probably go international, too, so if you're overseas, DO NOT FEEL SAFE!

So, reported it to the police....yada yada yada

Then, Mom decides its TIME to take out my trash in my apartment ( I insist it could've sat there for another day or two).....and in the heaving process of hoisting it into the (rather oversized) dumpsters.....she throws in her rental car keys!! AH!
So, being the loving daughter i am, and definitely not wanting my little mother hopping and digging around in there - I plunged.....
Too bad it would be a better story if i was actually waste deep in banana peels and dog poo, digging furiously to the bottom.....alas, they were right on top! YAY!

So, TONIGHT is another interesting night with my sweet mother-who-birthed-me......
(updates later!)

1 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Grammy said…

    Ah, the true art of dumpster diving. Despite what a great story it would have made, I'm glad you didn't actually have to dig through the mud and muck. But you do get bonus points for being willing to take the hit for your dear old Mom!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home